What are the functions and applications of Ginkgo leaf extract in cosmetics?
Table of Contents
What is contained in the Ginkgo extract?
Ginkgo Biloba Extract (GBE) refers to the effective substances extracted from Ginkgo biloba, which contains total ginkgo flavonoids, ginkgolides, and other substances. It has the functions of dilating blood vessels, protecting vascular endothelial tissue, regulating blood lipids, protecting low-density lipoprotein, inhibiting PAF (platelet-activating factor), inhibiting thrombosis, and scavenging free radicals.
Ginkgo leaves have a wide range of biological activities and contain a variety of chemical components, including flavonoids, terpenes, polysaccharides, phenols, organic acids, alkaloids, amino acids, steroid compounds, trace elements, etc. Among them, vitamin C, vitamin E, carotene, calcium, phosphorus, boron, selenium, and other mineral elements are also very rich in content, but the most important medicinal value components are flavonoids and terpenes. Flavonoids and terpenes have many functions such as blood vessel dilation and antioxidant.
What are the functions of Ginkgo leaf extract?
- Ginkgo biloba contains flavonoids, lactones, long-chain phenols, and other chemical components. The active ingredients of its preparations or extracts can correct the microcirculation disorder of hyperlipidemia, significantly reduce serum cholesterol, and improve blood viscosity.
- Improve atherosclerosis status.
- Ginkgo leaf extract can simultaneously reduce the adverse effects of blood cholesterol, triacylglycerol, and very low-density lipoprotein on the human body, reduce blood lipids, improve microcirculation, and inhibit coagulation, thereby promoting significant therapeutic effects on hypertension.
- It can lower blood sugar and improve insulin resistance.
- The characteristic effect of Ginkgo leaf extract on blood vessels is that it can eliminate vasospasm, restore normal circulation function to areas with vascular paralysis, maintain the tension difference between arteries, and facilitate the timely removal of metabolites in the veins. Clear.
- Flavonoids, lactones, etc. are active substances in Ginkgo leaf extract. These active substances can effectively scavenge free radicals, increase brain blood flow, prevent oxidation, improve brain metabolism, and have certain effects on protecting the brain.
- Ginkgo flavonoid glycosides in Ginkgo leaf extract improve neurological function through anti-free radicals and antioxidant effects.
- Ginkgo flavonoid glycosides can prevent oxidation, and scavenge free radicals. They can also change hemodynamics, thereby increasing the deformation ability of red blood cells, reducing blood viscosity, promoting blood circulation in the brain, accelerating brain cell metabolism, and alleviating blood hypercoagulation. status effect.
- Effectively reduce platelet activity and prevent the occurrence of blood clots.
- The flavonoids in Ginkgo have good antibacterial effects, and the antibacterial mechanism is flavonoids, which are polyphenolic compounds. The pH value is acidic, which can denature bacterial proteins or destroy the integrity of cell membranes. , thus causing functional impairment of microorganisms and thus exerting antibacterial effects.
- Ginkgo leaf extract can promote thyroid cancer cells’ apoptosis and inhibit the proliferation, invasion, migration, and adhesion of thyroid cancer cells. Its ability is concentration-dependent, and it can inhibit cancer by regulating the expression of apoptosis-related proteins. Cell proliferation and promotion of cancer cell apoptosis.
- Can inhibit breast cancer cell proliferation.
- Can promote the apoptosis of colon cancer cells.
- Plays a brain-protective role.
What are the applications of Ginkgo leaf extract in cosmetics?
- Whitening and antioxidant.
Ginkgo leaf extract contains flavonoids that can effectively remove free radicals in the body and reduce the formation rate of lipid peroxide. Studies have shown that Ginkgo leaf extract also has superoxide dismutase (SOD) activity. SOD is known to be an excellent free radical scavenger; Ginkgo leaf flavonoids can protect skin cells from excessive oxidation by oxygen free radicals and enhance the Anti-aging properties of the skin; Ginkgo biloba lactones can accelerate metabolism, improve blood circulation, and condition the skin. Therefore, adding ginkgo leaf extract to cosmetics can moisturize the skin, make the skin shiny, and reduce the formation of melanin. Ginkgo leaf extract, vitamin E, and skin absorption enhancers such as propylene glycol and carvone are used in combination to achieve better results.
- Anti-allergic, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory.
The active ingredients in Ginkgo leaf extract, such as ginkgolides, have broad-spectrum bactericidal effects and can inhibit common skin pathogens such as Staphylococcus aureus and Epidermophyton floccosum at low concentrations. It can be used for first aid for frostbite, chapped skin, skin burns scalds, etc. It can inhibit photosensitive dermatitis caused by ultraviolet rays, reduce the mutagenic effect of ultraviolet rays, and reduce spots and freckles caused by sun exposure.
- Hair care.
The flavonoids in Ginkgo leaf extract can promote blood circulation in capillaries, control dermatitis, and stimulate hair growth. When combined with hormones, the hair care effect is better.
After reading the above content, do you have an understanding of Ginkgo leaf extract? Meetsupplement provides Ginkgo leaf extract has the best health benefits and better storage. Meetsupplement has helped more than 40,000 customers succeed and become wealthy and healthy. We also look forward to serving you. After receiving your order, we will arrange for the factory to produce your order as soon as possible, follow up on the production progress, and ship it to you in time, so that you can receive the package safely and quickly.
Let a true industry veteran provide you with high-quality natural ingredients. Customer satisfaction is our unremitting pursuit.
Please click the button below and let us start doing business together. We look forward to your joining.