What is curcumin?
Table of Contents
What is curcumin?
Curcumin, an acidic polyphenolic compound obtained from the rhizome of turmeric, is an effective component of Chinese medicine turmeric. Modern pharmacological studies have shown that curcumin has anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anti-tumor, gallbladder, lowering blood lipids, bacteriostatic, alleviating Alzheimer’s disease, and other pharmacological effects. Curcumin is not just one compound. It contains curcumin, demethoxycurcumin, and dimethoxy curcumin, which are known as curcumins. Curcumin is a natural pigment, so it is usually used as a coloring agent and acid-base indicator of meat. Free curcumin is insoluble in water, not easily absorbed in the body, and has low bioavailability, fast metabolism, and short half-life, which greatly limits its wide application in clinical practice.
Inflammation in our bodies is a major contributor to many health conditions. The benefit of curcumin is that it may help fight this inflammation and therefore may benefit a range of important organs in the body. Therefore, the help of curcumin provides: an effective anti-inflammatory, relieves arthritis pain, increases joint movement, promotes digestion; Rejuvenates the liver, and boosts overall vitality through the power of antioxidants.
What are the effects of curcumin?
- Prevent cancer
Anti-cancer is one of the main pharmacological activities of curcumin, which can cause several changes at the molecular level of the body, all of which help prevent cancer.
- The key anticancer properties of curcumin are due to its anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory properties.
Cancer occurs when our cells are transformed due to mutations and defects caused by many different root causes, including lifestyle, diet, stress, environment, and underlying genetic factors. Our bodies are designed with protection and defense mechanisms at the systemic and cellular levels. Our immune system is designed to recognize any foreign body (bacterial or viral infection) or anything abnormal in the body and has processes and biological workflows to remove abnormalities. Even at the cellular level, as cells divide for growth, renewal, wound healing, and other everyday bodily functions, we check at every level, starting with checking the accuracy of the main information in our genome, the DNA. There is an entire DNA damage sensing and repair mechanism that is constantly working in this process.
Inflammation is the body’s inherent process of recognizing defects or abnormalities and recruiting the body’s immune defenses to address and clear the problem.
- Curcumin has anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties
The active compounds in turmeric, such as curcumin, have anticancer, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, antibacterial, antiviral, and lipid-lowering effects. Therefore, turmeric is used as an herb for rheumatoid arthritis, conjunctivitis, skin cancer, wound healing, urinary tract infections, and liver diseases.
The anti-inflammatory properties of turmeric may be able to relieve pain in inflammatory conditions such as osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis.
- Curcumin helps to improve digestive diseases
It is also used in digestive disorders, reducing symptoms such as flatulence, jaundice, colic, abdominal pain, and bloating, and in indigestion conditions, including loss of appetite, post-prandial satiety, and liver and gallbladder disorders. It is also anti-inflammatory, gallbladder, antibacterial, and helps with exhaust.
- Anti-oxidation and anti-aging
Curcumin doesn’t “stop” the body from aging, but it can slow down its negative effects. The antioxidant properties of turmeric are an important means to reduce molecular damage and oxidation accumulation.
Curcumin is a powerful antioxidant and anti-inflammatory that may slow aging. It increases the level of antioxidant enzymes in the body and scavenges free radicals that cause oxidative stress. It increases levels of the brain hormone brain-derived neurotrophic factor, which increases the growth of new neurons and fights various degenerative processes in the brain.
- Reduce heart attacks
It acts on several factors known to be involved in heart disease, IMPROVES ENDOTHELIAL FUNCTION, is a potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant, and may help reverse many steps in THE heart disease process.
- Improve Alzheimer’s disease
Curcumin has been shown to improve various pathological processes that lead to Alzheimer’s, such as helping to clear lesions called amyloid plaques.
- Prevent depression
What are the specific uses of curcumin?
- Eat yellow coloring. It has been a long history for China to use dried radish and curry powder etc. Japanese sugar for pickles, ham, sausages and apples, pineapples, and chestnuts.
- Widely used in food, dishes, pastries, confectionery, canned drinks and cosmetics, and medicine coloring.
- Can be used as a feed colorant, and our regulations can be used in candy, jelly, ice cream, and carbonated drinks, the maximum usage is 0.01g/kg.
- As a food colorant, it can be used in candy, jelly, ice cream, and carbonated drinks, and the maximum amount used is 0.01g/kg.
- Pure natural food colorant, with strong coloring power, good heat resistance, and good light resistance.
- Manufacture turmeric test paper, pH8 ~ 9; Acid and base indicator for determination of boron, pH7.8(yellow) ~ 9.2(red-brown). Chromogenic reaction to measure beryllium, zirconium and magnesium, borate, and reagents. A natural phenolic substance that is antitumor and anti-inflammatory and has antioxidant properties that induce apoptosis in cancer cells.
After reading the above content, do you have an understanding of Curcumin? Meetsupplement provides Curcumin has the best health benefits and better storage. Meetsupplement has helped more than 40,000 customers succeed and become wealthy and healthy. We also look forward to serving you. After receiving your order, we will arrange for the factory to produce your order as soon as possible, follow up on the production progress, and ship it to you in time, so that you can receive the package safely and quickly.
Let a true industry veteran provide you with high-quality natural ingredients. Customer satisfaction is our unremitting pursuit.
Please click the button below and let us start doing business together. We look forward to your joining.
If you think this article is helpful to you, please share it with your family and friends. Welcome to leave a message below to add more information about Curcumin.