Senna extract and sennosides and what does senna do?
Table of Contents
What are the main components of senna?
Stenophylla contains sennoside C, which is rhein – aloe emodin – dianthrone – 8,8 ‘-diglucoside. In addition to sennoside A and B, there are glucosides of rhein and chrysophanol, and trace amounts of aloe emodin or emodin glucoside. The leaves and pods contained 0.85~2.86% and 2.34~3.16% Anthracene, respectively, from which rhein, aloe emodin, chrysophanol and sennoside A, B, C were isolated. These anthracene components are present as glycosides. This plant also contains 3, 5-dimethyl-4-methoxybenzoic acid. The plant of the same genus contains tannin in ear leaves, anthocyanin in leaves and polyphenol oxidase in bark.
What are the effects of sennoside?
- Laxative effect.
- Hemostatic effect: effective for gastric and duodenal bleeding. The water extract of senna leaf is sprayed on the bleeding area of stomach under the gastroscope, and can be seen to have immediate hemostasis.
- Antibacterial effect: Senna infusion has an inhibitory effect on a variety of bacteria, such as Escherichia coli, Proteus, dysentery bacillus, streptococcus A, as well as candida albicans and some pathogenic skin fungi.
What are the applications of sennoside?
Sennoside has the function of clearing heat and promoting stagnation, facilitating water, detoxifying and nourishing skin, promoting gastrointestinal peristalsis and causing diarrhea. And has a certain antibacterial function, clinical can be used for acute pancreatitis, dysentery, epidemic hemorrhagic fever, cholecystitis, postpartum lactation and so on. Mainly used in medicine, weight loss health care products and so on.
What are the functions of senna leaf?
- Effect of relieving heat and driving stagnation: Senna leaf has the effect of purging stagnation, clearing and strengthening heat, which can effectively treat heat constipation, and can also be used to treat habitual constipation and elderly constipation. The combination with fructus aurantii and Magnolia officinalis can enhance the effect of purging and better treat heat knot constipation.
- The effect of removing water and reducing swelling: It can be used to treat the symptoms of water swelling and full, and it can be used with morning glory seeds, big belly skin, etc., to enhance the effect.
- Antibacterial effect: Senna has significant antibacterial effect on Staphylococcus and diphtheria bacillus, typhoid bacillus, paratyphoid bacillus, Escherichia coli and skin fungi.
What are the side effects of senna?
- cause abdominal pain, vomiting or aggravate the original intestinal inflammation (especially when the dosage is large). Excessive senna mainly produces toxic side effects on the gastrointestinal system. The senna contained in senna can inhibit the absorption of water by the large intestine, resulting in a sharp increase in intestinal contents. At the same time, it can also increase the tension of the large intestine, causing abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, etc. In severe cases, it can induce upper gastrointestinal bleeding, manifested as upper abdominal pain, vomiting of coffee-like liquid or tar-like stool.
- Cause colonic melanopathy. For patients who take it for a long time, the side effects caused by overdose are more serious. Because senna contains allium quinone substances, this substance has a stimulating effect on the intestinal mucosa, and will cause pathological changes in the intestinal mucosa over a long period of time, which is clinically called colonic melanopathy. Melanopathy of the colon is currently considered a precancerous lesion that can cause colon cancer.
- Neurotoxicity. It has been reported that after taking senna leaf, facial numbness, dizziness, no sensation or itching when urinating or defecating, varying degrees of hypoalgesia in the distribution area of the trigeminal nerve, taking large doses of senna leaf can appear urine retention, malignant changes in blood pressure, etc.
- Dependence. Many people because of habitual constipation, and long-term use of small amounts of senna treatment, the result of the formation of dependence. Once the medication is discontinued, the symptoms include facial flushing, increased body temperature, jitters, sleepless nights, loss of appetite and rapid breathing, increased blood pressure, and pain throughout the body. When you continue to use senna, these reactions disappear again, and the cycle continues.
- Women breastfeeding, menstrual period and pregnant women should not use. Senna should not be taken in large quantities
After reading the above content, do you have an understanding of Sennoside?Meetsupplement provides Sennoside has the best health benefits and better storage. Meetsupplement has helped more than 40,000 customers succeed and become wealthy and healthy. We also look forward to serving you. After receiving your order, we will arrange the factory to produce your order as soon as possible, follow up the production progress, and ship it to you in time, so that you can receive the package safely and quickly.
Let a true industry veteran provide you with high-quality natural ingredients. Customer satisfaction is our unremitting pursuit.
Please click the button below and let us start doing business together. We look forward to your joining.