What do you know about hesperidin?
Table of Contents
What is hesperidin?
Hesperidins (Vitamin P) is a flavonoid substance widely present in citrus fruits, its chemical structure has a dihydroflavonoside structure, is weakly acidic, and the extracted crude product is a light yellow powder. Pure product is white acicular crystal, slightly bitter, insoluble in water, almost insoluble in acetone, benzene, chloroform, slightly soluble in methanol, hot ice acetic acid, soluble in formamide, diformamide, easy to dissolve in dilute alkali solution, purity of 97% hesperidin melting point range of 257~260℃, molecular weight of 610.6. Hesperidin has the functions of maintaining osmotic pressure, enhancing capillary toughness, shortening bleeding time, lowering cholesterol, etc. It is clinically used in the adjuvant treatment of cardiovascular system diseases, and can cultivate a variety of drugs to prevent arteriosclerosis and myocardial infarction. It is one of the main raw materials of the patent medicine “Maitong”. It is used as a natural antioxidant in the food industry. It can also be used in the cosmetics industry. Hesperidin mostly exists in citrus processing waste, if the peel, fruit sac, among which the mature peel and tissue of hesperidin content is the highest (inner peel 30%-50%, orange, core, pulp 30%-50%, outer peel 10%-20%), juice and orange sac content is lower 1%-5%. The extraction methods of hesperidin include solvent extraction, alkali extraction and acid precipitation, carbon powder adsorption and ion exchange, among which alkali extraction and acid precipitation is simple, low cost and high extraction rate. Orange peel can dissolve in dilute alkali and pyridine and hot water above 70℃, slightly soluble in methanol, almost insoluble in acetone, benzene and chloroform. The extraction of hesperidin mainly uses the two phenolic hydroxyl groups contained in it to react with sodium ions in the solution under alkaline conditions to form sodium salts and dissolve them, and then acidize and cool them to precipitate them from the solution. Hesperidin was extracted from citrus peel by heat extraction and soaking extraction, but the yield was not satisfactory. In recent years, ultrasonic extraction of active components from natural plants (especially Chinese herbal medicine) has been widely carried out and has made some progress. Hesperidin is extracted by open-loop dissolution under alkaline conditions and separated by closed-loop precipitation under acidic conditions. Increasing the amount of alkali during extraction can reduce the amount of ethanol, but the alkalicity should not be too large, otherwise hesperidin is easy to be destroyed by oxidation.
What are the effects of hesperidin?
- Vitamins can reduce the brittleness of capillaries, protect capillaries, and prevent microvascular rupture and bleeding. For the adjuvant treatment of hypertension
- 2.The product is a vitamin P drug, used to enhance the toughness of capillaries. Methylhesperidin, a derivative of hesperidin, is also a vitamin P drug, which is listed in the Japanese “Food Additives Public Regulations”. It is a drug for the treatment of hypertension and myocardial infarction, and is used as a pharmaceutical raw material in the pharmaceutical industry. It is one of the main components of Chinese patent medicine Maitong.
What are the uses of hesperidin?
- It can be used as a nutritional fortifier.
- Hesperidin has a vitamin P-like effect and is used in skin care products to prevent frostbite. Can be anti-inflammatory and antiviral, has a certain antibacterial effect, used in oral hygiene products can inhibit the formation of dental plaque and reduce bad breath at the same time. Can protect against ultraviolet radiation, can be used in sunscreen.
What are the side effects of hesperidin?
- Psychoneurotic system: insomnia, drowsiness, dizziness, headache, anxiety, and fatigue have been reported.
- Gastrointestinal tract: Rare reports of nausea, vomiting, dyspepsia, abdominal pain, and diarrhea.
- Skin: Eczema and pityriasis rosea have been reported, which can be recovered after stopping the drug.
After reading the above content, do you have an understanding of Hesperidin?Meetsupplement provides Hesperidin has the best health benefits and better storage. Meetsupplement has helped more than 40,000 customers succeed and become wealthy and healthy. We also look forward to serving you. After receiving your order, we will arrange the factory to produce your order as soon as possible, follow up the production progress, and ship it to you in time, so that you can receive the package safely and quickly.
Let a true industry veteran provide you with high-quality natural ingredients. Customer satisfaction is our unremitting pursuit.
Please click the button below and let us start doing business together. We look forward to your joining.